Please use the attached Permission Slip for Project Graduation. We look forward to seeing the Class of 2016 next Friday June 10th after Graduation and we are thankful for the continued support of our parents and community!
The Counseling Office will be staffed with a counselor two days a week for the majority of the summer. Questions, concerns, comments? Contact the Counseling Office on any of these scheduled days! To schedule an appointment or to speak with a counselor please contact the office at 860-945-4810.
- June 14th, 15th, 16th
- July 12th and 13th
- July 19th and 20th
- July 25th and 26th
- August 2nd and 3rd
During these days, counselors will be available for individual appointments, phone calls, emails, summer school questions, scheduling concerns, new registrations, and anything else that comes up. We will return for the 2015/2016 school year on August 22nd.
Student schedules will be handed out at the end of the day on Friday, June 3rd. There will be no schedule changes made during the remainder of the classes this year unless there is a blank spot in your schedule or if two courses are double booked. If either is the case, please fill out an appointment slip to see your counselor after you receive your schedule.
For other scheduling questions and concerns, counselors will be available in person or via phone/email from 7:40 am-2:40 pm on June 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 13th. Please contact your counselor directly to schedule an appointment for these days. As in previous years schedule changes will not be made for teacher and/or class period preference.
Please use the link below if you are interested in helping with the PTO Staff Appreciation Luncheon on Tuesday June 7th.
Please remember that we will rotate our Monday and Wednesday schedules next week due to the Senior Picnic and Capstone completion. On Monday May 23rd we will run a Wednesday schedule and on Wednesday May 25th we will run a Monday schedule.
The information below outlines important Graduation details for the members of the Class of 2016 (we will also mailed this information home this week):
- Friday, June 10, at 6:00 PM in the Watertown High School gymnasium.
- Students report to school no later than 4:30 P.M. (see “Photos” section below).
- Tickets are required for the indoor ceremony in the gym. Tickets will be distributed to students during graduation rehearsal. Each student will be given 4 tickets for the ceremony in the gym.
- Guests without tickets are invited to watch the ceremony in the auditorium. The entire ceremony will be simultaneously broadcast on a large projection screen. Auditorium seating does not require a ticket and is allowed until the room capacity is reached.
- Attendance at our yearly commencement ceremony is tremendous and our parking lot cannot accommodate the unusually high volume of cars. Therefore entry will be limited to our shuttle bus service, graduate drop-off, and vehicles with a Graduation Parking pass.
- Shuttle bus service will be available from John Trumbull Primary School to the WHS main entrance. Bus runs begin at 5:00P.M. – 5:50P.M.
- Each graduate will receive 1 Graduation Parking pass for the WHS parking lot. This pass can be used by the graduate or their family. Any additional cars can park at John Trumbull Primary School and use the shuttle bus service.
- Handicapped parking will be available in limited numbers and can be obtained by contacting Mrs. Bartlett in the Guidance Office at 945-4810 x5011.
- Vehicles will be allowed to drop off graduates at the main entrance but will not be allowed to park at WHS without a valid Graduation Parking pass.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, the Tower Road gate will be opened to exiting traffic only.
- Shuttle bus service from the WHS main entrance to JTPS will also be provided at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Tuesday, June 7th – 12:30 P.M.
- Thursday, June 9th – 12:30 P.M.
- Friday, June 10th – 8:00 A.M.
Students MUST ATTEND each rehearsal for the entire time in order to participate in Graduation. Any questions regarding this should go to Mr. Jones.
- Images Studios will take individual photos of graduates BEFORE the ceremony which makes it crucial for students to arrive no later than 4:30 P.M. Pricing and contact information are enclosed.
- All academic and performance requirements must be successfully completed.
- All responsibilities to the school must be fulfilled to participate in the graduation ceremony and receive a diploma.
- All school materials must be returned or paid for along with other outstanding financial responsibilities. Please check the “Fees” section in the Parent Portal for more information.
- All obligations must be completed by the end of school on Tuesday, June 7th.
- Caps, gowns and stoles will be distributed at rehearsal on Tuesday, June 7th if all graduation requirements, responsibilities, and obligations have been met.
- Students will wear their caps and gowns throughout the ceremony. Students may not decorate or deface their gowns.
- Appropriate attire is expected:
- Men: pants (no jeans or shorts), collared shirt (ties recommended but not required), and appropriate shoes (no sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, etc).
- Women: pants, dresses, or skirts (no jeans or shorts), appropriate tops (no t-shirts, halter tops, tank tops, etc.) and appropriate shoes (no sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, etc).
- Student diplomas will be distributed after the ceremony in an assigned location.
- All-night substance-free graduation party at WHS beginning at 9:30 P.M.
- No students will be permitted to enter after 10:30 P.M.
- Students should enter through the main entrance only.
- Project Graduation will conclude at 5:00 A.M.
- Students attending must stay the entire night.
- Parents of graduates who wish to donate a baked item to Project Graduation can drop those items off in the library the night of graduation.
The excitement around school is growing as graduation approaches. We continue to work diligently to create an event that reflects our pride in the graduates of the Class of 2016. We look forward to seeing you on June 10th. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
As a reminder, our upcoming PTO meeting has been rescheduled from Tuesday May 17th to Monday May 16th. The meeting will still be held in the WHS Library at 6:45.
Please also consider volunteering for the Staff Appreciation luncheon that our PTO holds at the end of the school year on Tuesday June 7th. You can use the link below for this event.
Thanks for all of your support!